As a Christian, you can pursue Jesus’ mission through food. Sharing a meal creates opportunities for fellowship, for discipleship — and to share the good news of God’s love.
- Food: A centerpiece of life and Christian missions
- Conducting a ‘Flavors of the World’ event
- WorldView: Love is a tomato sandwich
- A farmer speaks
- Bread of life
- Southern Baptists help fund aid for Malian refugees
- Booklet outlines how to host ‘Flavors of Africa’ event
- Food is a wonderful entrée to sharing about Jesus, the Bread of life
For more stories, photos and videos about Africa, visit commissionstories.com/africa/.
Explore ways of giving for missionaries, human needs, strategic projects and special gifts at the Give portion of the IMB website.
Check out our “Flavors of the world” recipes on our Pinterest page.
Host your own “Flavors of the world” event using the stories, recipes and videos contained in this series. Practice the recipes with members of your Sunday School class or small group and then host the event as an outreach ministry to your community as well as college students.
Pray for the thousands of missionaries around the world who use food as a way to build relationships so they may have an opportunity to share the Gospel.
Print the downloadable prayer cards as a reminder on how you can give and how you can take action to help tell the story of Jesus to the peoples of the world.
Go on a short-term mission trip and work alongside IMB missionaries as they minister to unreached people groups.