Jewel Deckard (name changed) is using health education and livelihood training to meet practical needs and provide opportunities for spiritual conversations among ethnic Tibetan women in Nepal. Sonam Lhomi, whose name indicates the name of her ethnic Tibetan people group, is an example of one woman who has benefitted from Deckard’s ministry. Sonam is co-manager of both businesses Deckard helped start – Chito Mito, which sells baked cookies in local markets, and Blessed Hope Nepal, which sells bracelets in Nepal and to a U.S. distributor.
For information on becoming involved with Deckard’s work among ethnic Tibetan women, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also help Christian workers like Deckard share the Gospel and promote health and livelihood among women in hard to reach places. Consider these opportunities:
- Support Gospel-focused health and livelihood initiatives. For example, WMU’s WorldCrafts works with partners in countries around the world to develop free-trade businesses and provide sustainable income in the name of Jesus. Baptist Global Response and OneLife also support a number of health and human needs projects.
- Connect with IMB’s Marketplace Advance to use your business skills in the global marketplace and offer hope to a lost world.
- Embrace an unengaged, unreached people group and begin seeking God’s heart on creative ways to engage them with the Gospel.
- Learn more about God’s work among women around the world by following IMB’s Kingdom Women on facebook and pinterest.
“I most want women in America to pray for ethnic Tibetan women in ways that they would want someone to pray for them.”
Jewel Deckard, Christian worker in Nepal
You can pray for ethnic Tibetan women in the following ways:
- Pray for the health of their families, both physically and spiritually.
- Pray for provision for their physical needs.
- Pray that the work established among ethnic Tibetan women will continue.
- Pray that the women will grow in the knowledge of who Jesus is.
- Pray that the women will fully understand their worth and value in God’s eyes.